Automation Control Internship
East Penn is proud to have been selected for 14 years as one of the “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by the PA Department of Community and Economic Development, Team Pennsylvania Foundation, The Central Pennsylvania Business Journal and the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business & Industry.
East Penn Manufacturing. Co. is seeking Automation Control Technician Interns. Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of Rockwell Automation products. This includes PLCs Panelviews, controls and 5/500/5000 series software. Specific experience will include working with 480V 3 phase power and VFD’s, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems, machine level device communications, performing modifications, upgrades and repair of automated process equipment in a manufacturing environment. Qualified candidates will possess the ability to perform assignments working independently. A demonstrated, hands on attitude and good communication skills are required. A two year technical degree in a related field is preferred.
East Penn is also seeking Automation Control Engineer Interns. Responsibilities will include AB PLC/HMI design and programming, machine level communication design, SCADA design/support for manufacturing, new automated machine controls design, electrical engineering support for production, and project management for assignments.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Experience in Automation/Controls Engineering, and experience in the programming of PLC/HMI software. (RS Logix 5, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, RSView Studio, Panelbuilder 32, RS Networks preferred)
- Experience in the use/implementation of machine level device communications. (DH+, DH485, Remote I/O, Device Net, Control Net, Ethernet preferred)
- Experience in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems
- Knowledge of engineering principles such as: statics, mechanics, electrical/electronics, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- BS degree/ Technical degree is preferred for this position.
Responsibilities will include determining measurement points, research component parts, and monitor machinery to establish a valid baseline data set, as well as measure and record process variables.
Apply in person or send resumes to:
East Penn Manufacturing. Co.
Attn: Holly Spotts
P.O. Box 147
Lyon Station, PA 19536