Battery Test Lab Technician
East Penn is proud to have been selected for 14 years as one of the “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by the PA Department of Community and Economic Development, Team Pennsylvania Foundation, The Central Pennsylvania Business Journal and the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business & Industry.
Advancement opportunities for the position below include:
Process Engineering, Product Engineering, Design Engineering, Continuous Improvement, R&D.
1ST & 3rd
East Penn is seeking Laboratory Technicians to work 1st & 3rd shifts in our Engineering department.
Job Procedures will include the following:
- Testing of individual components of batteries in a laboratory and manufacturing environment.
- Performing quality control tests.
- Evaluating products, writing various reports, and performing basic electronic repairs.
- Other responsibilities may involve: construction of test samples, performing a variety of different tests on specific batteries including life tests, spark tests, short circuit tests, float tests, and capacity tests; the ordering of laboratory supplies and small test equipment.
- Authoring and maintaining documents, which are contained in the quality system.
Qualified candidates should be mechanically & electrically inclined; have good communication, report writing, and computer skills.
A minimum of 2 years technical training or a degree in a science related field is required (i.e., Biology, Chemistry, Physics degree).
East Penn offers a growing environment and excellent benefits.