East Penn Mfg Co., Inc., (A manufacturer of Deka Batteries and Accessories), a Berks County, PA manufacturer with a worldwide reputation in the battery & wire and cable business, has an immediate opening for an Industrial Engineer for the compensation group in the Personnel department.
Job procedures will include:
- Conduct time and motion studies in plants to assist management in establishing production standards and identify opportunities to improve operation efficiency by analyzing task movement/motion, methods, and time involved in the performance of maintenance, production, clerical, and other associated operations.
- Verify equipment settings or machine controls, observe employees in the performance of their assigned responsibilities and record time spent on complete tasks or sub-tasks to determine time involved and fatigue rate, using a stop watch or similar equipment.
- Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization.
- Recommend revision of methods of operation or MH, alterations in equipment layout, or other changes to increase production or improve standards.
- Aid in planning work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays.
The qualified candidate should possess excellent oral/written communication skills, organizational skills, project management skills and be available to work flexible hours as needed. Experience at an intermediate level with Excel and Word is preferred.
The qualified candidate should possess a 2 or 4 year degree in Industrial Engineering or Industrial Engineering Technology and preferably 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment working with manufacturing or production process flows.
EAST PENN offers excellent, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription, 401K and profit sharing programs. Send or fax resumes with salary requirements to:
EAST PENN MFG. CO.
ATTN: HOLLY SPOTTS
P.O. BOX 147
LYON STATION, PA 19536