Oelwein, IA – Maintenance Mechanics
At East Penn, our people are our business. We are a family-owned enterprise committed to fostering an atmosphere that honors the contributions of everyone. We want our employees to have long-term careers, and many do – more than 30% of our workforce has over a decade of service.
Varied. Ability to work overtime is necessary.
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Be able to perform preventive maintenance tasks with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to perform duties necessary to the plant operation
- Ability to repair, rebuild and maintain pumps, conveyors, pneumatic tools, gearboxes, cylinders and air valves with some supervision
- Have basic knowledge of hand and power tools
- Have basic troubleshooting skills of pneumatics, hydraulics and power transmission
- Ability to dismantle and reassemble equipment using hoists and hand tools with some supervision
- Basic knowledge of piping repairs, including PVC and steel piping using plumbing tools such as PVC cutter and pipethreader
- Capable of reading and working with parts and equipment manuals
- Basic knowledge of print reading, schematics and blueprints
- Capable of gas welding with an oxy/acetylene torch and use a gas torch necessary for cutting steel, bending and heating metal
- Basic computer knowledge. Capable in the use of SOMAX
- Licensed and able to drive material handling equipment
- Capable of using a plasma cutting torch
- Knowledge of plant layout necessary parts and service manuals
- Maintain, Repair, Troubleshoot and Install Industrial Manufacturing Equipment and Systems
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear
- Operates and inspects machinery to diagnose defects
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Basic welding-completes basic repairs with some supervision
- Minor electrical troubleshooting to include fuses and solenoids
- Replace defective motors and sub-assemblies, such as gearboxes
- Works in teams and independently with some supervision
- He or she is responsible for the quality of work produced.
All Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the NCRC testing through the Iowa Workforce Development.
Please contact Giselle Munford at IWD to set up your time and date for your testing.
Bilingual TRADE/TRA /Case Manager
Cedar Valley IowaWORKS/3420 University Ave, Waterloo, IA 50701/319-235-2123
Outreach Oelwein: NICC/ RAMS Center/1400 Technology Drive Oelwein, IA 50662
2nd Thursday of each month/563-556-5800/319-235-2123
Outreach Manchester: MREP/1200 ½ W. Main Street Manchester, IA 52057
4th Friday of each month/563-556-5800/319-235-2123
East Penn offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K.
To apply, submit your resume by mail or in person or stop by our location to complete an application:
East Penn Manufacturing
220 14th St SE
Oelwein, IA 50662
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm