Oelwein, IA – Electrician
At East Penn, our people are our business. We are a family-owned enterprise committed to fostering an atmosphere that honors the contributions of everyone. We want our employees to have long-term careers, and many do – more than 30% of our workforce has over a decade of service.
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be Medium Voltage qualified and have power distribution experience up to 15KV.
- Literate (able to read and interpret a variety of service manuals, schematics, and the NEC)
- General math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing)
- Good mechanical skills (running conduit, drills, knockout punches, power saws, etc.)
- Good deal of bending, twisting, climbing, and walking
- May lift up to 100 lbs. (any lifting of 50lbs or greater requires assistance)
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Industrial Electrical maintenance experience and welding experience.
- Knowledge of electrical code.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of the electrical distribution system and operating medium voltage distribution equipment
- Reading various schematics, installing new equipment (machinery, lighting, receptacles, etc.), and assisting in panel building.
Other responsibilities may involve:
- Bending conduit
- Performing electrical troubleshooting
- Preventive maintenance
- Assisting in some welding projects as needed, most work under supervision. He or she is responsible for the quality of work produced.
- Responsible for proper hygiene, housekeeping, and safety practices.
- Perform other duties as required by Management.
East Penn offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K.
To apply, submit your resume by mail or in person or stop by our location to complete an application:
East Penn Manufacturing
220 14th St SE
Oelwein, IA 50662
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm