Oelwein, IA- Control Technician
At East Penn, our people are our business. We are a family-owned enterprise committed to fostering an atmosphere that honors the contributions of everyone. We want our employees to have long-term careers, and many do – more than 30% of our workforce has over a decade of service.
1 opening each shift (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- A strong ability in the usage of advanced programming instructions
- A strong understanding of all numbering systems
- Ability to recognize the different processor families and their protocols
- A strong ability in the usage of indirect addressing, indexed addressing, block transfer read and block transfer writes
- Thorough understanding of all networks including but not limited to DH+, DH485, RIO, Ethernet, Devicenet and Control net.
- A strong ability to navigate windows operating systems and be familiar with most DOS commands
- A strong knowledge of file management on the network for archiving purposes
- Working knowledge of all necessary drivers needed for PC to PLC communication
- A strong ability to read, understand and draw electrical schematics
- A strong understanding of the theory and operation of variable frequency drives
- A strong background on the proper use of electrical test equipment to include but not limited to multimeter, amprobe, oscilloscope and megger
- A good understanding of basic electronics for troubleshooting purposes
- Capable and willing to learn new technologies
- Capable and willing to assist and train others
- Proven troubleshooting skills to efficiently diagnose and repair machine breakdowns
- Knowledge and use of all available resources to include but not limited to peers, technical manuals and vendor support
- Ability to plan, schedule, and supervise jobs and projects with minimal supervision.
- Accurate record keeping to include but not limited to Somax work orders and machine modification forms
- Perform thorough, high quality, professional work at all times
- Understand, use and support the NEC, OSHA regulations and all company safety policies
- Strong communication skills used in a positive manner
- Dedicated and flexible for the needs of the job
- Basic mechanical skills
- Responsible for modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting, programming, diagnosis and repair of automated processes and equipment throughout East Penn.
- PLC program development, layouts, ordering parts and oversight of new and existing East Penn equipment and processes through project completion
- Learning new processes, software, hardware and operating systems by using available resources
- Transfer files on East Penn network for archiving purposes
- Modify and create electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Assist and train others
- Document all work performed
- Support of all East Penn facilities and processes
- Responsible for proper hygiene, housekeeping and safety practices
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Regular attendance required along with a willingness and availability to work overtime
All Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the NCRC testing through the Iowa Workforce Development.
Please contact Giselle Munford at IWD to set up your time and date for your testing.
Bilingual TRADE/TRA /Case Manager
Cedar Valley IowaWORKS/3420 University Ave, Waterloo, IA 50701/319-235-2123
Outreach Oelwein: NICC/ RAMS Center/1400 Technology Drive Oelwein, IA 50662
2nd Thursday of each month/563-556-5800/319-235-2123
Outreach Manchester: MREP/1200 ½ W. Main Street Manchester, IA 52057
4th Friday of each month/563-556-5800/319-235-2123
East Penn offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K.
To apply, submit your resume by mail or in person or stop by our location to complete an application:
East Penn Manufacturing
301 5th Ave., SW Suite 3
Oelwein, IA 50662
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm