Oelwein, IA – Electro Maintenance Technician
At East Penn, our people are our business. We are a family-owned enterprise committed to fostering an atmosphere that honors the contributions of everyone. We want our employees to have long-term careers, and many do – more than 30% of our workforce has over a decade of service.
Varied. Ability to work overtime is necessary.
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Basic understanding of electronics used in different rectifiers (know components, function, and simple uses)
- Understand basic theory of rectification (understand components and the interaction of components used to charge AC to DC)
- Basic soldering skills
- Ability to identify and test basic electronic components such as diodes, capacitors, and resistors
- Basic knowledge of 480V three phase and 240V three phase
- Ability to correctly remove and install printed circuit boards and other electronic equipment
- Basic understanding of transformers and contactors
- Be able to follow a PLC program with basic programming instructions solely for troubleshooting purposes
- Have a basic understanding of some numbering systems
- Ability to recognize DH+ and DH485 networks
- Knowledge of all necessary communication hardware needed for PC to PLC communication
- Able to read blueprints and schematics for troubleshooting purposes with guidance at times
- Working knowledge of the required programming software for troubleshooting and changing timers and counter preset values
- Working knowledge with required test equipment, i.e. amprobe, voltmeter, oscilloscope and megger
- Ability to identify the different families of processors and how to get online and what software to use as well as proper cabling and working knowledge of all necessary drivers needed for PC to PLC communication
- Entry level knowledge of conduit bending and installation
- Ability to assist calibrating the instruments according to specifications
- Applied knowledge of the NEC to projects and required tasks with guidance
- Mechanical skills to include but not limited to, basic welding, knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic operation, understanding pipe sizes, and other mechanical terminology directly associated with required tasks
- Basic understanding of the SOMAX system in order to locate parts, equipment, work order status, etc.
- 3 years of Vo-Tech or two years associate degree in electrical/electronics required
- Troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of rectifiers
- Test assembled instruments for circuit continuity and operational reliability, using test instruments, such as multimeter, oscilloscope, and electronic voltmeter
- Installs electrical assemblies and hardware in housing, using hand tools and soldering equipment
- Analyzes test results and repairs or adjusts instruments according to analysis
- Assembles wires, insulation and electrical components, such as resistors and capacitors, following method layouts, using fixtures, soldering equipment and hand tools
- Test, analyze, and adjust using temperature probes and x-ray inspection systems according to charts, wiring diagrams, manuals and associated publications
- Operates metalworking machines and hand held equipment, such as bench lathe, punch press, drill press, grinders, hand held drills, jig saws to fabricate housing, fittings, jigs, and fixtures, and verifies dimensions using precision measuring instruments
- Changing heaters, performing minor program adjustments, reading basic electrical schematics, and replacing photo eyes and limit switches
All Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the NCRC testing through the Iowa Workforce Development.
Please contact Giselle Munford at IWD to set up your time and date for your testing.
Bilingual TRADE/TRA /Case Manager
Cedar Valley IowaWORKS/3420 University Ave, Waterloo, IA 50701/319-235-2123
Outreach Oelwein: NICC/ RAMS Center/1400 Technology Drive Oelwein, IA 50662
2nd Thursday of each month/563-556-5800/319-235-2123
Outreach Manchester: MREP/1200 ½ W. Main Street Manchester, IA 52057
4th Friday of each month/563-556-5800/319-235-2123
East Penn offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K.
To apply, submit your resume by mail or in person or stop by our location to complete an application:
East Penn Manufacturing
301 5th Ave., SW Suite 3
Oelwein, IA 50662
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm