Industrial Machine Operator
East Penn is proud to have been selected as one of the “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by the PA Department of Community and Economic Development, Team Pennsylvania Foundation, The Central Pennsylvania Business Journal and the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business & Industry.
2ND – varies depending on plant and department
3RD – varies depending on plant and department
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Good math skill including familiarity with metric system
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot machinery
- Ability to take and read measurements
- Computer Skills
- Mechanical Skills
- Must be able to read and interpret 1st piece inspection/set-up sheets
- Ability to maintain regular attendance
- Ability to work mandatory overtime
- Operates, tends, and maintains machines to make lead acid batteries.
- Reads specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Follows sequences for operational procedures on a computer.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated.
- Automatically or manually loads material into machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect defects or malfunctions.
- May measure work piece dimensions, thickness and weight in order to determine the accuracy of machine operation.
- May perform minor machine maintenance, including cleaning and oiling.
- May assist in setting up machine, and stacking, marking, packing, and transporting finish work pieces using an electric pallet jack, hoist or forklift.
- Relieves other operators at shift change time and breaks.
- Responsible for proper hygiene, housekeeping, safety practices and overall quality of work produced.
- Performs other duties as requested by Management.
East Penn offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K. E.O.E. Apply in person or send/fax resume to:
East Penn Mfg. Co., Inc.
Attn: Holly Spotts
P.O. Box 147
Lyon Station, PA 19536