Automation Control Internship
East Penn Manufacturing. Co. is seeking Automation Control Technician Interns. Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of Rockwell Automation products. This includes PLCs Panelviews, controls and 5/500/5000 series software.
Specific experience will include:
- Working with 480V 3 phase power and VFD’s
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems
- Machine level device communications
- Performing modifications, upgrades and repair of automated process equipment in a manufacturing environment.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- The ability to perform assignments working independently.
- A demonstrated, hands on attitude and good communication skills are required.
- A two year technical degree in a related field is preferred.
East Penn is also seeking Automation Control Engineer Interns.
Responsibilities will include:
- AB PLC/HMI design and programming
- Machine level communication design
- SCADA design/support for manufacturing
- New automated machine controls design
- Electrical engineering support for production
- Project management for assignments
- Determining measurement points
- Research component parts and monitor machinery to establish a valid baseline data set
- Measure and record process variables
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Experience in Automation/Controls Engineering, and experience in the programming of PLC/HMI software. (RS Logix 5, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, RSView Studio, Panelbuilder 32, RS Networks preferred)
- Experience in the use/implementation of machine level device communications. (DH+, DH485, Remote I/O, Device Net, Control Net, Ethernet preferred)
- Experience in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems
- Knowledge of engineering principles such as: statics, mechanics, electrical/electronics, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- BS degree/ Technical degree is preferred for this position.
Apply in person or send resumes to:
East Penn Manufacturing. Co.
Attn: Holly Spotts
P.O. Box 147
Lyon Station, PA 19536