Corydon, IA – Control Technician
At East Penn, our people are our business. We are a family-owned enterprise committed to fostering an atmosphere that honors the contributions of everyone. We want our employees to have long-term careers, and many do – more than 30% of our workforce has over a decade of service.
Varied. Ability to work overtime is necessary.
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- A strong ability in the usage of advanced programming instructions
- A strong understanding of all numbering systems
- Ability to recognize the different processor families and their protocols
- A strong ability in the usage of indirect addressing, indexed addressing, block transfer read and block transfer writes
- Thorough understanding of all networks including but not limited to DH+, DH485, RIO, Ethernet, Devicenet and Control net.
- A strong ability to navigate windows operating systems and be familiar with most DOS commands
- A strong knowledge of file management on the network for archiving purposes
- Working knowledge of all necessary drivers needed for PC to PLC communication
- A strong ability to read, understand and draw electrical schematics
- A strong understanding of the theory and operation of variable frequency drives
- A strong background on the proper use of electrical test equipment to include but not limited to multimeter, amprobe, oscilloscope and megger
- A good understanding of basic electronics for troubleshooting purposes
- Capable and willing to learn new technologies
- Capable and willing to assist and train others
- Proven troubleshooting skills to efficiently diagnose and repair machine breakdowns
- Knowledge and use of all available resources to include but not limited to peers, technical manuals and vendor support
- Ability to plan, schedule, and supervise jobs and projects with minimal supervision.
- Accurate record keeping to include but not limited to Somax work orders and machine modification forms
- Perform thorough, high quality, professional work at all times
- Understand, use and support the NEC, OSHA regulations and all company safety policies
- Strong communication skills used in a positive manner
- Dedicated and flexible for the needs of the job
- Basic mechanical skills
- Responsible for modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting, programming, diagnosis and repair of automated processes and equipment throughout East Penn.
- PLC program development, layouts, ordering parts and oversight of new and existing East Penn equipment and processes through project completion
- Learning new processes, software, hardware and operating systems by using available resources
- Transfer files on East Penn network for archiving purposes
- Modify and create electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Assist and train others
- Document all work performed
- Support of all East Penn facilities and processes
- Responsible for proper hygiene, housekeeping and safety practices
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Regular attendance required along with a willingness and availability to work overtime
East Penn offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K.
To apply, submit your resume by mail or in person or stop by our location to complete an application:
East Penn Manufacturing
2185 Hwy 2
P.O. Box 286
Corydon, IA 50060
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm