Customer Service (Weekend) Position
East Penn Manufacturing is currently seeking a Customer Service Shipping Support (Weekend) position in the Shipping department at the Topton Distribution Center.
The main purpose of the CSSS is to service new and existing customers as assigned, provide effective customer service internally and externally by utilizing in-depth knowledge of East Penn products and systems, as well as customers’ systems, and communicate customer service matters timely and effectively with all internal and external parties as appropriate. The CSSS will work with both the Customer Service (Admin Bldg. #2) and Shipping (Topton) departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Provide product and service information to customers, and resolve customer concerns by identifying any problems, offering effective solutions, corrections, or adjustments, and following up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Complete customer orders/changes/returns accurately according to the applicable contract/agreement and per Customer Service department policy and procedure.
- Respond to incoming customer inquiries/ orders through telephone, fax, web and e-mail as appropriate.
- Work closely with people in other East Penn departments (Sales, Pricing, Inventory Planning, Warehouses, etc.) to assist with and resolve customer issues.
- Prepare sales orders for processing based on customer specific details.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback on customer issues to department management in Sales, Customer Service and Shipping and/or other East Penn departments as appropriate.
- Access assigned customer website at designated times each day and on holidays to check on and respond to any customer issues (access may be done remotely by computer on holidays).
- Communicate with common carriers regarding shipments, appointments, directions, etc.
- Use East Penn systems to create bills of lading, EDI processing, freight quotes, organizing product shipments and finishing, checking order information.
The regular work schedule for the CSSS will be Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The CSSS will also need to check customer website(s) on holidays, with remote access provided.
At East Penn, our employees are our culture; our employees will always be the heart of the company. We are a private, family-owned enterprise committed to cultivating an atmosphere that honors the contributions of everyone. We want our employees to have long-term careers, and many do. More than 30% of our workforce has over a decade of service.
Our open-door management policy, comprehensive benefits package, annual bonus program for all, and career advancement opportunities are just some of the ways we show our employees how incredibly valued they are.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Dental Plan
- Annual Raises.
Please submit resumes with salary requirements to Holly Spotts in the Personnel office.