Data Acquisition Engineer
East Penn Mfg. Co. (Deka Battery), a worldwide industry leader in the manufacture and distribution of lead-acid batteries, is seeking a Data Acquisition Engineer.
- Developing and maintaining purchased data collection/MES systems to aid in the production or business environments
- Developing hardware platforms suitable to efficiently run developed software applications
- Working closely with external contractors on implementation of new systems and features
- Working directly with end users to facilitate requests for changes, additions, etc. to the system
- Working directly with process control engineers to support new equipment within the OT data acquisition environment
- Working directly with IT Dept. in developing and maintaining OT systems
- Instituting testing plans to verify correct operation of developed applications
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with existing systems
- Providing 24/7 support of existing systems (as required)
- Creating and maintaining technical system documentation
A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field of study and a minimum of five years’ experience in a related field is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but will consider candidates with associate’s degree pending relevant experience.
Additionally, qualified candidates should possess:
- Experience with SCADA software such as Wonderware, Rockwell FactoryTalk, Siemens Simatic, or a similar application (required)
- Experience with Wonderware In-Touch, Historian Client, and Galaxy and IDE development within System Platform (preferred)
- Experience with Wonderware MES client (optional, but a plus)
- An understanding of process trending, process events, and live data within a manufacturing environment
- An understanding of manufacturing systems and their integration
Wonderware training may be provided to a qualified candidate that has adequate experience with similar data collection software systems.
At East Penn, our employees are our culture; our employees will always be the heart of the company. We are a private, family-owned enterprise committed to cultivating an atmosphere that honors the contributions of everyone. We want our employees to have long-term careers, and many do. More than 30% of our workforce has over a decade of service.
East Penn offers: opportunities for career advancements, competitive compensation, health/life insurance, profit sharing, 401 K, paid holidays/vacation, and an open door policy. Apply in person or send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: Holly Spotts, firstname.lastname@example.org