Electrical Project Engineer
East Penn Manufacturing (the manufacturer of Deka Batteries and Accessories) is currently seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to join its growing team in Manufacturing Services. Experience with electrical projects in a facilities or plant engineering environment is required.
At East Penn, our employees are our culture; our employees will always be the heart of the company. We are a private, family-owned enterprise committed to cultivating an atmosphere that honors the contributions of everyone. We want our employees to have long-term careers, and many do. More than 30% of our workforce has over a decade of service.
The Electrical Project Engineer has oversight of East Penn’s electrical distribution system and electrical design projects to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and follow best practices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee East Penn Manufacturing’s electrical distribution system (69KV through 480V)
- Monitor, schedule, and perform preventative maintenance on medium voltage distribution system (69,000 volts into 13,200 volts) and low voltage distribution system (480 volts)
- Design electrical systems for plant facilities including: lighting, electrical distribution, motor control, and HVAC
- Provide cost estimates for maintenance and new construction projects; review proposal documents, specifications, and drawings to determine required contents of estimate
- Attend pre-bid, bid-review and construction meetings; provide analysis/interpretation of all required electrical information and documents relevant to the project
- Lead assigned projects to completion utilizing appropriate planning tools and effective organizational project management processes
- Review scope of electrical work including type of work, materials, project schedule and duration
- Develop detailed project plan and schedule, refining as needed, to ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope, and produce desired results
- Record and manage scope changes and monitor progress to the plan
- Establish resource requirements: coordinate and schedule internal resources; engage and manage external vendors/contractors, based on approved requirements
- Specify and purchase major electrical components and related process systems
- Escalate appropriate issues for resolution
- Other duties as required
The Electrical Project Engineer will work closely and regularly with:
- Manufacturing Support Services; Facilities Engineering, Maintenance, Central Service team members
- Cross-functional team members assigned to projects; Project Steering Committee/Stakeholders encompassing various levels of the organization.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years field expertise in medium voltage electrical distribution systems, electrical system design and support in a manufacturing facility or industrial plant engineering environment.
- Experience estimating and managing diverse projects, both large and small in scale
- Proficient in AutoCAD preferred, not required
- Knowledge of NEC and local codes
- Working knowledge of MS Word Suite
- Working knowledge of MS Project preferred, not required
- Monitoring, scheduling and performing preventative maintenance on low/medium voltage distribution systems
- Working Knowledge of SKM Power System Software preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required; equivalent work experience may be considered. A P.E. license a bonus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Technical skills including the ability to read, create and interpret schematic drawings and specifications, contracts and other construction documents specific to project job needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Solid planning, scheduling and negotiating skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; a team player with proven ability to work across functional areas and all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to influence, motivate, and lead project team members to deliver projects successfully
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to assess issues and escalate appropriately for resolution
- Financial acumen including job cost estimating, budget development and management
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Work is performed in both an internal and external environment with occasional exposure to inclement weather and varying temperatures.
- Climate controlled, well lit, ventilated office space, as well as, plant environment that include heat, cold, fumes, odors, dust and loud conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
- Occasional travel as needed to various East Penn locations, which may be up to 20% of the time
Our open-door management policy, comprehensive benefits package, annual bonus program for all, and career advancement opportunities are just some of the ways we show our employees how incredibly valued they are.
Other benefits include: Competitive Salary, Medical Insurance, Profit Sharing and 401(k), Life Insurance, Paid Holidays and Vacation, Dental Plan, and Annual Raises.
Interested candidates please submit cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to Holly Spotts in Personnel.